Sunday, April 11, 2010

Winning feels good~~~

I arrived at around 6pm to watch the match before us. It was the Merahans against Nhac Trec. A very intense and exciting match I must say.

Nhac Trec was dominating in the 1st and 2nd period. OMG, I witnessed the small kid do the flip around thing behind the goalpost which I have been trying to master for years!!! Plus, he was probably only 8 or 9, and he could do it and I can’t. Ought to be ashamed. The amount of hard work he put in practising it paid off I must say.

Period 1 intensity was around 1.

Period 2, maybe around 1.5.

Nhac Tre was leading 5-2 at the start of the 3rd period. The Merahans stepped up the intensity to around 2. Nhac Tre was still hanging on quite well but let the Merahans have a few shot at goals, allowing the Merahans to build up their confidence to winning the game.

The Merahans kept pushing and stepped up the intensity to around 3.5. Nhac Tre had no chances of keeping possession and could only defend and hope that the game will end before they let in too many goals. Merahans kept scoring and were hitting the crossbar frequently, if not they would have taken the game. Nhac Tre was luckily to get in a goal due to a lapse in the defence due to over commitment of the Merahans defenders attacking.

The last period was unexceptionally long. The Merahans could brought the intensity to high 4. Nhac Tre could not even see the ball beinbg passes around. At the last few minutes, Merahans scored the equaliser. The most funny part was that after the guy scored, he slided on the floor to celebrate and then! He got a leg cramp!!! LOL~

What we could learn from this match was how the Merahans did not given up even when they were 3 goal behind. They were able to step up the intensity 4 times of what they were playing in the 1 st period.

If it was us, I believe that highest we could get is 2, maybe 2.5. There is no way we could play at 3 or 4. The pace was super fast and intense. If we could play like them, we will definitely be top 4. But can we train till we are like them? Hard I would say, at the pace we are training now.

After watching such an intense match, we were all very worked up for our match.

Period 1 ended 1-0, after Joshua scored a deflection which ended up into the goal. I could have scored 1 if not for some dirty underhand methods by one of their defenders. He pulled my arm when I was about to turn and shoot. Screw him, after that incident I was totally pissed and anybody in my way was bodi-ed and slashed in the legs >.< They couldn’t do anything to me =)

So I say, don’t mess with me >.<

Period 2 was much better and we were getting all the goals in. I scored a top corner free-hit dragshot btw, assisted by Ryan =)

Period 3 was much faster as TJC tried to come from behind. They were more physical and were more determined. They managed to score a luck backhand tap in, destroying our hopes of a clean sheet!

We managed to score a few too. Nice goal by Isaac assisted by Joshua =) When the match was close to ending, I told Mr Han to let me in a body the number 22 guy, who was super physical and rough. Fortunately for me, unfortunate for him thou, he was in the court. He was holding the ball at the boards. I step up to him. He gave me a small nudge. GG. I body him till he went out of the ring =) Mission accomplished.

Took revenge for Lander, he slashed Lander’s hand when Lander already had the ball… So bitchy, luckily I managed to take a little revenge @.@

End score was 8-1. 3 goals by Joshua ( Hat trick ), 2 by NJ, 1 by me, 1 by Isaac, 1 by Darius.

Normally, after you win a match, definitely you will feel a sense of satisfaction and joy right? But have you wonder where that joy came from? Was it that you did a great job on court, scored a few goals (Not targeted at Joshua btw >.< ) and feel great about it? Maybe for some of you.

But for me, it was the how the team played that made me happy.

We were able to stick to the plan. We held our defence tight and were very aggressive. TJ had no chance. Mr Han was still telling us this would be a close game but we prove him otherwise as we were able to stick to the plan.

It doesn’t really matter who scores. All the scorer did was to do the final touch. If it was a goal, it will be the team’s goal as everybody played a part which resulted in the goal, all the passing all the way from the defence to the opponents goal area, even the goalie which aided by throwing or passing the ball to his teammates.

We play as a team.

We lose as a team.

And win as a team.

We score as a team,

We concede as a team.

Nobody should be blamed when a goal is let in,

Cose~ We are a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment