Friday, April 16, 2010

Power of Nine...

They have 9, so do we.

*Taking Vocalist as Forwards and Lead Dancers as defenders.


- Tae Yeon ( 1st Lead Vocalist. Leader) / Darrell ( 1st Star Forward. The leader).

I’m not saying that I’m the star player among the forwards but as for Tae Yeon, she is the 1st Lead Vocalist in the team, being the leader at the same time, which I assume would be me for the time being. I will just have to take up the role of leading and guiding. At the same time, I will also have to improve to be one of the best player / member in the team, just like what Tae Yeon is doing now.

Honestly, to be a leader is not easy, taking up this role will mean a very great responsibility for me. I shall do my best and play my part to do everything I can but the rest is really up to you.


- Yoona ( 3rd Lead Dancer, Supporting Vocalist) / Jarryl ( 3rd Star Defender. Playmaker )


I decided to compare Jarryl with Yoona basically be’cose both of them are super cheerful. I stress again, I’m not saying Jarryl is lousier than Joshua but plainly be’cose that is Yoona’s role in the group. Yoona is very confident of herself and trust her ability, just like how Jarryl show his confidence in his gameplay. As a supporting Vocalist, Jarryl also take on the role of a playmaker like what he is already doing now.


- Yuri (2nd Lead Dancer, Supporting Vocalist) / Joshua (2nd Star Defender. Playmaker)

Joshua fits best with Yuri be’cose Yuri and Yoona are super close, like how Jarryl and Joshua is =) Not just that, Joshua is also identified for his ability to step up as the star player in the team, like how he is now, and at the same time, is able to act as the playmaker. Shining whenever he can, Joshua definitely is able to take the role as the 2nd star defender in the team. Plus, he is as easily cheered up by his mates like Yuri.


- Sunny (Supporting Vocalist) / Samuel ( Playermaker / Forward)

I chose Sunny for Samuel be’cose both starts with an ‘S’. Just joking but Sunny’s personality is rather fun yet easily irritated, just like how Samuel always behaves. Always there to bring up the team spirit or the atmosphere even at very tense moments. Always there to contribute to the team even when he might not be recognized for his efforts, how a supporting vocalist / playmaker always does.


-Jessica (2nd Lead Vocalist) / Crenshawn (2nd star Forward)

Although Jessica is my idol and I love her, I still have to stick to rules and give her to Crenshawn! Lucky lor you. I rather be Jessica than Tae Yeon…As I was saying, Crenshawn have shown his ability to step up to being one of the best forwards in the team. He is now on the top of the scoreboard ( Like I said, I dun mean literally it when I said I am the star forward ). He has shown the team his ability as a forward.

Plus, his character is rather similar to Jessica’s, being able to bring out the cold effect. Cren’s ‘suans’ and comments definitely is able to bring out that feel~ Like I always say, the group will not be close if they don’t quarrel occasionally. A player with such attitude is needed.


- Hyo Yeon ( 1st Lead Dancer, Supporting Vocalist) / Eugene ( Star Defender (Keeper) / Playmaker)

I believe the core of the defence lies with the keeper. I’m not saying Eugene is better than Joshua or Jarryl but what I hope to see soon is Eugene being the star in the defence. Eugene indeed has show his ability as a keeper. With him at the post, I never had to worry much. I see a lot of potential in him if you ask me.


- Seo Hyun (3rd Lead Vocalist) / Ryan ( 3rd star forward)

The baby of the team. Youngest / Smallest. The player that need most attention and concern. The only difference is that Seo Hyun doesn’t make that much noise =) Ryan has show his ability as a forward, creating many chances and doing smart plays in the game. Way to go. Both of them have a very nice character just that Ryan has a unique personality…


- Soo Young ( Supporting Vocalist) / Billy ( Playermaker / Defender)

They are actually the pillars of the team, supporting us from behind, allowing the star players to get all the glory while they stand in the back smiling. They are the ones that never complain even when they don’t get their chance on court/ stage to perform.


- Tiffany ( 4th Lead Vocalist) / Derek (Playmaker / Defender )

Does that mean Derek is a forward/ vocalist? The truth is, the only link that does not fit is this one. Maybe SNSD has preference for more forwards than defenders? As I said before, people like Derek will always be there for the team but will never grumble if his efforts are not recognized. The pillar may seem unimportant, but once it’s gone, everything will collapse.


This is the Power of Nine. It may all seem so coincidentally but the truth lies in front of you.

We are like them.

We can do it.

We can beat all the other teams to emerge as champions. We got the team, the spirit and most importanatly the players, the ultimate combination of the 9, all with different ability and role in the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment