Thursday, February 11, 2010

The season has just started...

Yes, the nationals may have ended, but for me, I don't have any regrets left. I felt that we had the best season ever.

It is not all about winning, it is the process which makes it such a great experience. It not the moment of glory that I enjoyed, when I scored a goal. To me, what I truly enjoyed is being around with you guys, the wonderful experience with all of you. Encouraging each other on court, playing our 110%. All of it except the part where Eugene tried to sing S.H.E songs...

To me, I had no regrets, we lost to teams that were far better than us, Teck Whye and East View derserve to qualify more than we do. They train harder than we did, the effort they put in is far from ours. Deep down in our hearts we know that we aren't really that good YET. We still have a long way to go...

We should know that the start of a new season is the end of the nationals. Training is the key factor that determines our performance next year. We should move forward, towards our goals. It is time we improve and aim for a better season next year.

I know, some of the sec 4s are leaving already. But that is not the end of your floorball career. It is time for you to move on to a new environment, it is time for your to move a step further. Meet more people, learn new stuff. Don't give up floorball, always have the passion if you want to perform better.

Right now is the perfect moment for us to reflect, right after our season. What were my flaws? Where are my strengths? Work hard to improve on your strength and cover up your flaws through harsh and rigorous training. That is the only way to push yourself to greater heights... This is the only way to improve.

Train smart. Spend the precious training time to train on things which you need to improve on. Keep your focus, keep in your mind what you should be train for. Learn from others, THINK! how can you improve on certain skills. If you keep repeating and doing the same thing, you will forever be stuck at the same level. Move on to a new level of playing style.

Depict yourself at your peak, how would you be playing. What will be your killer move? Spin around shot? Air hook? Keep this thoughts in your mind when you are training. Try to do those moves. Soon, you will be closer and closer to your goals...

Nites...

No comments:

Post a Comment